Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2022
Your travels will reveal the storybook beauty and colourful history of Scandinavia. On this Scandinavian trip, you'll see the fairy tales of Hans Christian Andersen come to life, hop aboard one of Europe's most exciting train journeys and learn about farm life near Bergen.
- Explore Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm with a Local Specialist
- Discover Odense, Stavanger, Bergen, Sognefjord, Geirangerfjord and Lillehammer
- Visit the Stave Church in Lom, Vigeland Sculpture Park in Oslo and Stockholm's City Hall
- View the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen and Haakon's Hall in Bergen
- See Hamar Olympic ice arena and Oslo's Royal Palace
- Scenic Train Ride through the Norwegian countryside to Flam
- Connect With Locals Enjoy a Be My Guest dinner with the fifth-generation Ovre-Eide family on their livestock farm in Norway, which has been a working farm since the 1500s.
- Stays with Stories Stay right at the edge of Geirangerfjord at the Havila Geiranger hotel, the spectacular jewel in the crown of the Norwegian fjords and one of the most beautifully located hotels in the world.
- Stays with Stories Hotel Randers is one of the oldest hotels in the area, with its original artwork and VIP-rich guestbook.
- Stays with Stories Step into nature at Sognefjord Hotel, located on a peninsula stretching out into the magnificent Sognefjord, and soak up the breath-taking lake water views.
- Dive Into Culture In Lom you'll have an opportunity to visit Lomskyrkja, one of the biggest and most beautiful stave churches in Norway, dating back to the 12th century.
- Dive Into Culture Take a ride on one of the most exciting train journeys in the world, past mountains and waterfalls through the scenic Norwegian countryside to Flam.
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 13 Breakfasts
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 5 Dinners
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Ferry across the Boknafjord
- Ferry across the Sognefjord
- Ferry from Denmark to Norway
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Train journey on the famous Flam Railway
Call (559) 438-0959 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16627339
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Copenhagen||Welcome to Copenhagen: Embrace this enchanting Danish capital that inspired Hans Christian Andersen to share tales of mermaids, queens and ugly ducklings with the world. Spend the day embracing its quintessential hygge found throughout its charming streets before enjoying a late afternoon orientation drive and Welcome Reception with your Travel Director and travel companions.|
|Day 2||Copenhagen||Explore Historic Copenhagen: Join a Local Specialist today for a fascinating sightseeing and walking tour of the iconic sights of Copenhagen. The Amalienborg Palace Quarter takes centre stage as you admire its 18th-century facades and equine statue of King Frederik V at its centre. We'll see the 17th-century Stock Exchange, Christianborg Palace and the Neo-Classical Cathedral before paying tribute to the tragic Little Mermaid who was willing to give up her life in the sea to become human. Enjoy time to explore on your own, strolling through the city's streets, or embrace your inner child in Europe's oldest amusement park, the Tivoli Gardens. This evening, consider taking to Copenhagen's waters and enjoying a canal cruise with stunning city views.|
|Day 3||Journey through Stunning Scenery to Randers||Journey through Stunning Scenery to Randers: We leave the fairy tales behind for the Danish island of Funen, and Odense, the city where Hans Christian Andersen was born. Continuing across the pastoral landscapes of the Jutland Peninsula, we arrive in Randers, with its cosy half-timbered merchant houses and narrow medieval streets. Tonight, we stay at one of Trafalgar's Stays With Stories - the Hotel Randers, one of the oldest hotels in the area with original artwork and a VIP-rich guestbook.|
|Day 4||Set Sail for Stavanger||Set Sail for Stavanger: Set sail from Hirtshals across the Skagerrak to the port of Kristiansand in Norway. Drive north past fjords, lakes and forests to the port city of Stavanger, one of Norway's oldest settlements - its heritage still evident in the beautifully preserved wooden buildings that date back to the 18th century.|
|Day 5||Bergen||Onwards to Colourful Bergen: Norway's spellbinding natural landscapes provide an inspiring backdrop for our island hop from Stavanger. Arriving in Bergen this afternoon, we delve into the city's Hanseatic heritage, enjoying an orientation tour past the 13th-century Haakon's Hall, the bustling fish market and colourful Bryggen Quarter. This evening, we Connect With Locals over dinner at a special Be My Guest experience, visiting the Ovre-Eide farm, worked for five generations by the same family.|
|Day 6||Bergen||Bergen Your Way: Enjoy a full free day in the cultural centre of Bergen or ascend its funicular for spectacular views of the fjords and islands. Consider an Optional Experience to Telavag, which played a significant role in the secret North Sea boat traffic between Norway and Great Britain during World War II.|
|Day 7||Enjoy the Scenic Flam Railway and on to Sognefjord||Enjoy the Scenic Flam Railway and on to Sognefjord: We drive east to the popular ski resort of Voss, where we'll board a train ascending over 2800 feet (860 m) above sea level. Dive Into Culture on one of the world's most exciting train journeys, through the Flam Valley past the Kjosfossen Falls and legendary forest spirit who dances there to lure men into the mountains. Later, arrive in Sognefjord, the 'King of the Fjords', where we will stay overnight at one of Trafalgar's Stays With Stories, the Sognefjord Hotel located on a peninsula stretching into the deep waters of the fjord. Step straight from your hotel into the great outdoors and soak up the breathtaking views.|
|Day 8||Geirangerfjord||Continue to Geirangerfjord: Norway's incredible glacier countryside surrounds us as we skirt the immense Nordfjord on the way to Geiranger - its deep blue waters surrounded by majestic snow-capped peaks and lush green landscapes, which we will have an opportunity to explore. Tonight, we stay on the shores of the fjord at one of Trafalgar's Stays With Stories - Hotel Havila Geiranger.|
|Day 9||A Day at the Breathtaking Geirangerfjord||A Day at the Breathtaking Geirangerfjord: Spend a full day admiring this spectacular natural wonder. Cascading waterfalls tumble down sheer cliffs into the glacial waters below, which you can explore by kayak or boat, soaking up the crisp, clean mountain air. Consider an Optional Experience to the Trollstigen and see Norway's most famous mountain road, travelling past steep mountain slopes, tumbling cascades and fertile valleys. After a day in intoxicating natural surrounds, we dine in our hotel this evening.|
|Day 10||Lom and Lillehammer||Venture to Historic Lom and Lillehammer: A scenic drive from Geirangerfjord through high peaks brings us to Lom, the gateway to the Jotunheimen Mountains. Here we will Dive Into Culture and visit a 12th-century wooden stave church, adorned with Runic inscriptions, paintings and carved dragon figures that are said to protect it against evil. We continue through the Gudbrandsdalen Valley, the inspiration for Ibsen's 'Peer Gynt', before arriving in Lillehammer, the proud host of the 1994 Winter Olympics. This evening before dinner, consider a walk along Storgata or visit the open-air museum at Maihaugen.|
|Day 11||On to Viking-Filled Oslo||On to Viking-Filled Oslo: See the unusual Olympic ice arena beside the lake at Hamar as we travel to Norway's cultural capital, Oslo. Join a Local Specialist who will share the city's iconic sights, including views of the medieval fortress of Akershus, the Opera and 19th-century Royal Palace. We visit the fascinating Vigeland Sculpture Park, before spending the rest of the day at leisure. Enjoy a leisurely coffee in the Akker Bryge District or explore the nation's rich seafaring heritage.|
|Day 12||Stockholm||Journey to Stockholm: We cross the border into Sweden today and continue via Karlstad on Lake Vanern, the largest lake in the European Union. Passing Orebro, we arrive in the island-ringed capital of Stockholm for a two-night stay.|
|Day 13||Stockholm||Discover Beautiful Stockholm: We meet our Local Specialist this morning for a sightseeing tour of the waterside City Hall and see the medieval Storkyrkan, Riddarholm Church and the Royal Palace at the heart of Stockholm's quaint Old Town. The rest of the day is free to explore as you wish. Join your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a Farewell Dinner this evening to toast to an unforgettable Scandinavian adventure.|
|Day 14||Scandinavia||Farewell Scandinavia: Our epic journey has come to an end. Bid Stockholm and your newfound friends a fond farewell. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Gratuities: You have the option to pre-pay the gratuities for your Travel Director and Driver. Please speak with your travel agent.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class